Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday Thought - 3/31/2016

Identify Your Identity

In college, I studied Communication where we discussed the idea of possessing an identity. Identity is a sort of fluid thing. It is who you are in natural essence and it is who you through social construct. 

There are many things that shape your identity, a few primary examples are:
  • School / Work
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Yourself
Now take a minute and imagine if you had to think of ten to twelve words to describe who you are. What words immediately come to mind? What things do you imagine people use to describe you? By doing this, you probably named off a number of things that are developed through social construct and have probably been assigned to you. For instance, being tall is relative to the average, or even being successful is defined through society's idea of success. 

Identify who you are. Are you outgoing or shy? Do you think creatively or logically? Describe and Define yourself. This does not need to be a rigid definition, as I said it is fluid and changes through situations. 

Once you have an idea of who you are and where you stand now, then you can begin to develop you plan as to where you will go and formulate who you will be. 

How do I identify myself? I perceive myself as being strong of character and physical abilities, having a strong desire for success and happiness, tall in stature and ambitions, stout in body and mind, and destined for something beyond my mortal comprehension. 

How do you identify yourself? Let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment