Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday Thought - 3/3/2016

Thursday Thought


Hit Me Up About Humility


Reminder: 

Thursday Thought is the the Quintessential Voyage equivalent to an editorial, an opinionated piece.


I think I'm a great person, not meaning that I'm not an asshole or that I'm not selfish. I work hard, I've been lucky enough to become pretty good at what I do, I have some solid intelligence, and I am continually hungry to learn.

It has come to my attention that some people may think that I'm "a little full of myself" or that I'm "up on my high horse" or my favorite is that I'm "too big for my britches." Well sometimes you don't truly know someone, so then you begin to doubt them or fail to believe in their potential. As you go on from place to place in life, if you're successful, they may support you (as a true friend) or they may become doubtful if you deserve this new opportunity (as fake supporters).

So here's what I'm saying: if you think that I'm cocky or overconfident, then you either don't really know me or don't believe in me, at which point I say you need to shut up. Just because I may be more outgoing and I am more confident in my skills and I'm very driven to succeed and that I'm proud of what I do and what I have done, does not mean that I am too big for my britches. 

They want to see you do good but never better than them. Remember that. Believe in yourself and what you can do. Forget those haters, they will run themselves into the ground watching you with a negative view.

No comments:

Post a Comment