Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wednesday Word - Commitment - 3/9/2016

Commitment

Merriam-Webster: something pledged; the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled


Quintessential Voyage: pledging to someone or something where you begin to invest time, energy, and emotions. An obligation to a specific person or thing in hopes that your investment will return a profit of happiness and positive outcomes.


We fear commitment. There are so many options available to us in each decision we make. We need to decide what we want to eat, what we want to watch on Netflix, what we want to do with our weekend, and so on. We are afraid to commit to one thing, once we do the option to retract is not always on the table. 

I am terrified of commitment. Specifically, I am terrified of romantic commitment. It's rare I find someone who I find interesting and attractive and worth my time. The process is usually good for a month or two, then I begin to freak out. I usually regret it after, and by the time the regret and loneliness set in, it may be too late to reach back out and admit my fault. 

Take on commitment. Don't be reluctant to invest into something or someone beyond yourself. It goes back into an equation where once they pass the preliminary requirements then you can almost surely invest into them and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment