Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Romance is Relative

Wednesday Word
5/25/2016


Merriam-Webster: 

a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love; a quality of feeling of mystery, excitement, and remoteness from everyday life.

Quintessential Voyage: 

a heartwarming feeling brought about through the discovery of a new sensation of burning love; the emotional experience of someone new as though you two were meant to collide in a beautiful coincidence.

Here's a kicker... I'm a romantic, but not the hopeless-kind. I still keep my rationale about myself.

I believe in true, mad, genuine love. It's rooted in this belief of destiny and fate that I hold on to. Your course is charted out for you and the currents do what they can to help you, but the responsibility is on you to take to the wheel, the sails, the oars, and the rudder. By investing in your journey and adjusting the course as necessary, 

Love is finicky. When you're young there is someone who is right for who are you and where you are at that specific time in your life, but you grow and change so drastically and dynamically over time. That's not saying you could meet your lifelong partner at an early age, there is just a low probability of long-term survival. Strong faith is placed in the thriving existence of an honest love, one that cares compassionately and deeply. 

As life goes on, I continue to believe love is real and not dead. I've been hurt and damaged, but it's not up to my companion to fix me, it's up to them to love me for me and to nurture my heart as it heals. I could lead a college lecture about what I believe and how I feel in regards to love and romance. At this point, I will tip my hat and acknowledge life is a wild turbulent experience and I'm here for the ride, smiling the whole time.


No comments:

Post a Comment