Friday, May 20, 2016

Bucket Lists: Epic Tasks to Complete

Friday Freestyle
5/20/2016

A compilation of tasks to complete before you die. That is the definition of a Bucket List in a capsule. I place a high amount of value in developing such a list and equal importance in maintaining such a list. It is recommended to do this for yourself, because as you grow and change the items on your list should be crossed off and replaced with fresh challenges.

I did not begin to develop a list of to-dos for myself simply because of a movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. I began to create a Bucket List for myself because I was 21, in college, and had a hard time gauging my trajectory into the future. It's hard to chart a course when you have no destination, you may as well begin to let the currents take you.

As you will see below, I have written some of the items currently on my personal bucket list.


  1. Write a Fiction Novel and have it be published.
  2. Write a Non-Fiction book and have it published.
  3. Backpack the Himalayas.
  4. Explore my own future and potential.
  5. Be proud of myself. 
  6. Have my own family and love them immensely. 
  7. Talk with God on a mountain at least once a year.
  8. Contribute positive energy and influence on the world around me.
  9. Be a great professional.
  10. Live as a good man should.
I can guarantee there more items on that list. There are some items I will not list because of how cliche they are or how personal they are. For instance, I have one that is more of a hope and a wish, however, it is very personal and will only admit I wished for it once it happens. 

What do you want to achieve in time? What tops the list? Which are things you purely wish for?

No comments:

Post a Comment