Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday Mountain - 1/18/2016

Monday Mountain

Prove Yourself Wrong

New Topic
Inspirational Writing to Start Your Week

Background: 
This topic will be a written form of inspiration for yourself to get yourself going. When you encounter that dreaded day that begins your week of work or school, it's quite an endeavor to overcome this mountain. Once you climb that mountainous Monday, you can see the weekend in the far-off distance, you can see the journey before you, you can put everything in perspective, and you can make it through one more week.

Prove Yourself Wrong:
Every now and then you'll encounter a point where you think you cannot make it, you lose belief in yourself, or you simply lose sight of your goals. This happens to everyone, it's not just you or I. 

For instance, occasionally I will think to myself when I'm lifting that I won't be able to finish the set whether it's too heavy or if my body is not feeling up to the challenge. When I come across that feeling, I take a split-second decide to tell myself: "No. You're better than this. Fuck you. Get it, conquer it." That usually sends a chill down my spine and puts fire in my veins, unleashing adrenaline and motivating myself to finish what I had started. 

Another occasion where I struggle is with finding my own drive to push for intellectual enrichment and development. Once this happens, I take a look at how my hunger to learn more and gain more knowledge has helped me, remembering this reignites my passion for learning. 

What I want you to do is to prove yourself wrong when you think you cannot finish something, when you lose sight of its value and your steam is gone. Take a moment and re-imagine your goal, what it takes to achieve it, and then do what it takes. Achieve what you don't think you can and you will. 



No comments:

Post a Comment