Thursday, June 2, 2016

Self-Appreciation

Thursday Thought
6/2/2016

Are you content with where you are?
Are you happy of who you are?
Are you proud of what you've done?

If you answered yes to at least two of those questions, then well done to you.
I would say yes to two of the three for myself, however the last question is definitely a no.

Pride is a part of self-appreciation, I believe it goes from valuing yourself into treasuring your attributes and accolades. Our parents, some friends, and the occasional superior in the workplace can either show or express their pride in who you are the reward they see from investing in you. It's a welcome feeling, other people's pride in you, it's a more valuable thing to be proud of yourself.

Turning myself into something/someone I can be proud of is the source of my drive and ambition. I am not proud of who I am, but I am confident and content in myself. I am not proud of what I have accomplished, because there is still more to do. I'm not going to tell you to feel the same way or you how to believe in yourself... that is entirely up to you.

Self-pride is not something I practice at this time in my life, because I know there is much more that I can accomplish. I have determined I am going to be successful (defined in my own way) in my professional career, personal relationships, physical development, and my overall life achievements. This is purely a conscious decision and not because of a destined fate. Success is rarely something that people fall into, it is stalked, hunted, and acquired through hard, continual work.

What will it take for my be proud of what I've done? That's the tricky part, I have an idea of prospective accomplishments in all areas. It is better to leave it as an outline for right now and lets the details reveal themselves through the opportunities that arise in front of me. There have been objectives that I have self-assigned, through striking those off of my list I can become someone to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment