Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A SEAL & a Scholar

Tuesday Take
5/31/2016

“A good peace, a solid peace, a peace in which communities can flourish, can only be built when we ask ourselves and each other to be more than just good, and better than just strong. And a good life, a meaningful life, a life in which we can enjoy the world and live with purpose, can only be built if we do more than live for ourselves.” 
- Eric Greitens -
The Heart and the Fist

This quote comes from one of my favorite books I read in college. I owe part of my ambition and fire to the inspiration that Greitens instilled in me through this tremendous memoir. It seriously opened my eyes to see there is something beyond myself. 

There is great pleasure in living for other people and helping them grow and become better. It's a wonderful thing to help someone out and to watch them grow from your nurturing and love. This quote comes with a lot of face value. Take it as it is. 

Does this quote provoke thought? What comes to mind when you're reading it over and over?

No comments:

Post a Comment