Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Being Self-Driven

Tuesday Take
6/21/2016

"You will go farther by being determining your own path than if  you allowed someone else to tell you where to go and how to get there."

- Cole Cook -

I was talking to some of my cousins following the ceremonies at my Grandfather's funeral, the conversation shifted to where we were talking about finding our passions. Some of them have been directed by their parents most of their lives on where to go, what to do, and so on. I told them about how eventually one day I decided to drive myself and determine how I wanted to get to success. The words I wrote above flowed out of my mouth, and sometimes it's those improvised moments of wisdom that provide the carefully calibrated quote. This was beyond simple and I was surprised that I never heard it somewhere, or if I had I did not recall the place I came across it. 

In short, these words mean just what they say and should require little deciphering. If you decide to drive yourself and where you want to go, having more power over your own path allows better chances for you to be successful in your own definition of the words. If you allow someone else to dictate your path or what you should be and use their definition of success, then you will not get as far as you would like or feel as whole when you do get there. 

Drive yourself, you can enjoy the journey and you'll end up someplace you might love.

No comments:

Post a Comment