Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thursday Thought - 4/28/2016

Plaid: 

A Pattern is My Favorite Color

As my closest friends know, I love to wear plaid. The cross and checkered pattern with those stripes being a variety of colors and sizes. I will don the pattern on a dress shirt, on a flannel shirt, or even on my boxers.

We usually choose types of colors to describe parts of who we are. There are mood rings that read your body temperature to tell you what mood you're in, that is if you can't tell on your own. Next is the ever-popular Teen Cosmopolitan-esque quiz where you answer a series of questions to determine which color is your spirit or your aura. The final option I will list, but it's certainly not the last option, is the type where you associate your favorite color with the way your attitude and personality is defined. 

Why do I love a pattern as some of you love a color?

I appreciate its complexity and brilliance. To me, plaid is most like our personalities, with some of us being more intricate and use colors in different ways. Once I tried to describe my own pattern, as if I was a flannel shirt, and although I can imagine it in my mind the imagery when trying to explain it continues to shift and change, all the while challenging my ability to articulate its cross between simplicity and complexity. 

There's something about the brilliance of the colors and how they play together in such proximity to one another while remaining isolated or collaborating with one another to create something new. It's just simply brilliant. In life, there should be an appreciation and celebration of those things that are brilliant in themselves and through their existence beautify our world. 

What colors are in your pattern? What pattern is your plaid? You are encouraged to spend some time thinking about how you would explain yourself in a plaid format, doing this could shed some light on your brilliance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment