Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Freestyle - 4/30/2016

May Can-Will Challenge

Doing More in a Month

I challenge you. You, the reader of this blog. If you're a first-time reader coming across this blog or you're a regular follower or someone who recently discovered this, I strongly encourage you to do this challenge. 

As the month of May kicks off this Sunday, May 1st, you should change the thought process and decisions made through that process. How do you do it? Here's a little overview of how it works. 
  1. There is an obstacle, opportunity, etc. An event that occurs where a reaction and decision is required from you.
  2. In situations where you would usually catch yourself saying one of the following:
    •  "I think I can" 
    • "I can probably do it"
    • "I can try"
    • Or any other sort of semi-enabling statements
  3. You change that "Can" to "Will"
    • "I will..."
    • "I will do it"
    • "I will try"
  4. Final step: Do it through the approach and belief that you will achieve that task or that opportunity
This is not an overtly original concept. It's not groundbreaking, but it's also not exercised regularly. So try it for the month of May, instead of "Can" say "Will." Let yourself see what happens once you enable and believe in yourself first. Go ahead, I believe you will blow them away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment