Thursday, September 22, 2016

Obsessiveness & Creativity

Thursday Thought
September 22, 2016

Creating Ideal Series of Events

Internal Determination for the Perfect Plot




I enjoy writing. This blog is an example of how much I enjoy it because you don't usually just do create any fine art for free. There's something more that I appreciate better than the writing of what I hope my audience receives as inspirational and thoughtful posts, I drive such enjoyment from writing fiction. There's something about creating a story or even less than that... Thrusting a newly created character into an alternate universe sometimes eerily similar to ours. From that point you paint their backstory, giving them depth into their past and drives into their future. 

There are plenty of movies and books that have inspired me to write a whole story based off of minuscule parts... An exchange of words or glances traded or feelings felt. Where I find most inspiration for writing is within my own mind and the experiences it interprets from the world around me. Pretty vague I know, but imagine with me... I invest a piece of myself, my morals, or my experiences into certain characters, perhaps a little bit into all of them, that's how I figure out their mechanics of existence. 

When creating plots and writing fiction, I can envision a single scene with great clarity and detail. So within that single setting of time and space and within that capsule of exchange between characters, it all comes together... Where I struggle is the trajectory goes from that point forward. So bear with me as I continue to write singular scenes that may hopefully provoke numerous questions that have will little follow-up in future posts. As the writer, I ask that you please bear with me as the creation and development will not stop. Ever.

Currently, I am perfecting about three to four different stories each with what I hope to be a unique plot. Sure themes or storylines may be shared, but I hope that what they provoke from you, the reader, is much stronger and more authentic than what others may create. Enjoy with me each piece of me that I create, for those who care about me can understand the man underneath better with each excerpt and interpretation. 

I will continue to write. I am in search of those heavy-hitting scenes and powerful writing that not only provokes great feelings from the reader but also from myself when I read it again. Those chills when something strikes you deep in the heart, but it enters in the form of words fed through your eyes and processed by your brain. That heartbreak you'll feel or a great smile you'll wear or even the faces you'll make to mimic a character's expressions or feelings, that's what I pursue as a writer. I'll be damned if I don't conquer that pursuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment