Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Taking on Raps

Tuesday Take
October 25, 2016

Taking on Raps



If i were to introduce who I am,
It starts with a handshake and a smile,
Wearing plaids and sometimes argyle.
Don't allow that to deceive you,
I dont even know myself
There's more to me than what you perceive as true.
Pursuing more than trophies for my shelf,
Owning this hunger everyday in my soul,
working to fill an ever-empty hole.

I craft words every day in some form,
and it's never to inflict harm.
My physical and mental power is strong,
I don't ever lead anyone along,
i work to earn things even the shot is long,
to be a brute and an intellectual,
it's a conundrum,
They never see what I say as something truly actual,
Their doubt flows on and on.

I say to you who look down upon me,
Go ahead and plant those seeds,
You will reap what you sow,
I will continue to grow,
eventually,
You won't be able to look down on me,
No matter how tall I'll become
or how high I will rise.
I'll look at you as an equal one,
Don't you think that's wise?

Yeah, my ego is inflated, But I have my reasons,
Believe in your own pride, throughout all seasons.
Own who you are, you'll go far,
Invest in yourself and not the trophy on the shelf.
This is a draft purely rough,
writing in syllables and rhythyms is tough.






No comments:

Post a Comment