Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Super Hero's Oath

Tuesday Take
October 4, 2016

Doc Savage's Oath

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it. 


Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice. 


Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage. 


Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do. 


Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.



Scrolling through Pinterest, that's how I found this oath of a fictional character. It's one of the most admirable things that I've ever read. Yes it's a little singular in aspect, however, it is also powerful. If we all strove to follow even one portion of it, our society could be a much better place as a whole. There is a low possibility of such a large percentage of us even taking a single line of this to heart, however, if a small part of us all tried to abide to most of it... That could be a hell of a step forward.

What do you like or dislike about this?
What is admirable about this oath? What could be left out?



No comments:

Post a Comment