Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Taking on Prompts, Part 1

Tuesday Take
October 11, 2016

UPDATE
From now on, Tuesday Take will be an interpretation of a quotation or poetry or a brief bit of writing based on a prompt found from the depths of the internet. If it is a writing prompt it will remain a mystery for the sake of the reader.

Prompt #1
Strolling down the street, I crack my neck, releasing some tension. Twilight faded as the sun tucked itself into the horizon. Continuing towards home, I don't want to go home just yet. Perhaps one more stop? Yes, let's. There are a couple more houses coming up on the street. About fifty yards away one on the left, and the other across the street and farther down.

As I get to the first house, I quickly knock on the door. A middle-aged, wiry woman opens the door, she's looking for whoever rapped on the door. She steps out and wanders down to the base of her porch steps... Quickly, she shuffles back inside. I listen for any chatter to follow, but there is none. She's alone. On to the next.

I knock harder on this door. A sour teenager answers, loudly looking for who disturbed his evening. He is fast to turn around and go back inside. Conversation is held inside, they try to solve the mystery of the knock-knock-ditch between the two of them. He's in the house with a teenage girl, they're about the same age. Oh, it's on.

The wind picks up. I need to hurry. I quickly approach the windows of the living room, there's a clean line of sight to the love birds. Now, what should I do? Aha! I mentally prepare my scheme... Then I hear two slight steps behind me. "What are you doing Ore?"

"Damn you, Lucy! Always interrupting my fun..."

No comments:

Post a Comment