Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Why I Hate Enthusiastic Support

Wednesday Wander
7/20/2016

We are all pieces of art, we perceive each other in our own way;

only our Creator knows our true meaning and purpose.


I hate when other people show support for my successes and ambitions.

I know, it's counter-intuitive. I really do hate it, allow me explain why.

My successes aren't for you place your pride inside my root cellar. It's my own weight I bear. I pursue those peaks, weather the valleys, go beyond the expected, strive for new heights, nurse my wounds, stretch my energy, and push the limits. I don't do it for you to claim acquaintance with me, or to brag about my success like you had something to do with it. This investment in the victories is my own responsibility and my own reward.

You do not know me as well as you may believe. I'm no man behind the curtain, but there's a lot that goes on backstage behind the audience's perceptive vision. I hold alot within, these are soft and vulnerable pieces protected by this hardened shell of my spirit. It is a rare situation that comes when someone can judge me for my whole self, besides just one aspect or angle. We are all pieces of art and everyone perceives us each in their own way, and only our creator knows our true meaning and purpose.

Who are you pat me on the back or shake my hand? I mean disrespect by this, but those who cheer you on and emphasize your victories are not always there when you fail to win. It's not called losing, it's just like a falter step. You have a war to win, and a battle is simply not in your favor if you fail to win, so don't give up.

Supporting me or rooting for me... It's frustrating and it tends to really bother me, in fact it's more likely that your words of support will cause more harm than good. I feed off of the negative energy, the criticism, the doubt others will place in my ambition. As a predator, the meat of those comments against my dreams provides me strength and energy for the ongoing journey. So tell me what needs to be done, tell you don't think I can do it. I appreciate you more for that than for some encouraging words.

Do not tell me how good I will do. Doubt me. Go on, I dare you. Do not provide me accolades while I am mid-battle. Don't praise me for something. I want a blazing fire, not cool water. Charge me up for my ambitions require tremendous energy. If you want to support me, give me that look of support, a quick thumbs up. Acknowledge my struggle with understanding that it's not over and I still have more that I will do.

When I'm dead I'll rest in peace, until then I won't rest in the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment