Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday Thought - 12/17/2015


"Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something." - Henry David Thoreau

I have loved this quote since I had discovered it when I was about 19. It resonates with me that you should not swear off all vices and experiences that may be deemed less-than-good. My thoughts are that you should live with a purpose, have a life that goes beyond yourself and your worries. Do something good for others or beneficial for the common good, but also live your life and value yourself. 

Live your life, experience your life, do not be afraid of life.

What do you think Thoreau implied?
What is your reaction to this quote?
What do you do to be good for something?



No comments:

Post a Comment