Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday Words - 10/7/2015 - Work

Outlook and Opinions on Work

As I'm writing the first Wednesday Words, I'm still developing the formula to make this a successful and popular blog. A few views here and there are good and all, but I need some subscribers and regular viewers. If you have a topic or idea for the blog, please e-mail or comment below!

This first post will be regarding my general outlook on work. Originally, I had the idea to write about my perspective on life, however that is the purpose of this blog so we will get there.



Work is defined as: activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.


That definition encapsulates its essence but really, what result do you, me, or we want to achieve? Everyone has different objectives and goals, it's a part of the balance of it all. 


My opinion holds that work should provide you the ability to:



  • Support yourself (and your loved ones)
  • Make yourself happy
  • Make yourself productive
Work is only as good as you make it, now it's not always appropriately rewarding intrinsically or extrinsically based on your effort and commitment.

Work is what you make of it. Turn your effort into something positive for yourself, for others, for family, for society, etc. Don't simply do it for you. Do something for the greater good and you'll be rewarded for it in due time. 

I commit myself to working at the gym, on my mind, in my career, with my family and friends, and as an inspiration for society. Work is the first step to getting what you want. You have to put in to get out. It's the first part of a process. Stay tuned for more. 

Have a thought or opinion on this post? Let me know in the comments below.

-Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment